HearthStone is dedicated to helping individuals with disabilities enjoy a secure, welcoming and fulfilling place in our communities. To achieve this goal HearthStone engages volunteers and families to implement and achieve the following objectives:
- Advocate on disabilities issues with local, state and federal legislators and officials
- Initiate and maintain cooperative relationships with Health & Human Services, Employment and Residential Support providers, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and other disabilities organizations.
- Sponsor Educational meetings on issues relating to people with disabilities which are free and open to the public.
- Sponsor free social events for young adults such as bowling, picnics, Holiday parties, dances and more!
- Co-sponsor, with RCS Empowers, an annual Employer Recognition Luncheon which honors Sheboygan County businesses who employ individuals with a disability.
- Provide annual scholarship(s) for post-secondary education for individuals with a developmental disability.
- Provide financial support to organizations/events/projects that support our mission, such as:
* Shaw Family fully ADA Accessible Playground
* ADRC Share the Spirit
* RCS Shine On holiday event
* All terrain tracked wheelchair
* REINS – Therapeutic Riding program
* ADRC – Disability Pride Day