The Wisconsin Department of Revenue:
- Administers the state's major tax laws, including the collection of individual income taxes, sales taxes, corporate income taxes and excise taxes.
- Assists local governments in property assessment and financial management.
- Administers programs that provide state financial aid to local governments.
- Estimates state revenues and forecasts state economic activity
Helps formulate state tax policy
- Administers the Wisconsin Lottery, which provides property tax relief for homeowners.
- Administers the Unclaimed Property program for property that becomes unclaimed or abandoned after a period of time.
Customer Service -
Individuals: (608) 266-2486
FAX: (608) 267-1030
Businesses: (608) 266-2776