This office handles the following cases for Marathon County:
* Collection of money owed Marathon County
* Alcohol and mental commitment
* Administrative hearings
* Establishment of paternity
* Child support
* Child abuse and neglect
* Termination of parental rights
* Guardianship/protective placements (infirmities of aging)
* Civil litigation to which Marathon County is a party
* Civil ordinance prosecutions
Staff attorneys provide legal opinions for and represent the County in most civil cases, and also review and draft contracts, leases, ordinances, resolutions, court pleadings and other legal documents for County Government.
Intake procedure: Referral by a County agency, except for alcohol & mental health commitment cases. For commitment cases, call for an appt.