- Provider - WI Dept of Revenue-Homestead Credit

Provider Details

WI Dept of Revenue-Homestead Credit

Mailing Address

PO Box 8949
Madison, WI 53786

Contact Information:

Phone: (608) 266-8641
Fax: (608) 267-0834
Website: Click Here to Visit Our Website
Email: homestd@revenue.wi.gov


Intake procedure: Fill out claim and mail to Dept. of Revenue.

You must be 18 yrs. of age or older on Dec. 31 of the year that you are filing a claim and you must have been a legal resident of Wisconsin for the entire year.

Cannot be claimed as someone else's dependent (if under age 62 at end of year). Income guidelines apply (see Schedule H booklet). Must have owned or rented a Wisconsin homestead that is subject to property taxes; other requirement do apply (see Schedule H booklet). As of 2019:
You may be able to claim homestead credit if:
• You occupied and owned or rented a home, apartment, or other dwelling that is subject to Wisconsin
property taxes during 2018.
• You are a legal resident of Wisconsin for all of 2018.
• You are 18 years of age or older on December 31, 2018.
• Your household income was less than $24,680 for 2018.
• You meet one of the following conditions:
o You (or your spouse, if married) have earned income during the year.
o You (or your spouse, if married) are disabled. (See definition of "disabled" in the Schedule H
o You (or your spouse, if married) are 62 years of age or older at the end of 2018.
• You cannot be claimed as a dependent for the year on someone else's federal income tax return.
(Note: This qualification does not apply if you are 62 years of age or older on December 31, 2018.)
• You (and your spouse, if married) will not claim farmland preservation credit for 2018 or the veterans and
surviving spouses property tax credit based on 2018 property taxes.
• You did not live for the entire year in housing that is exempt from property taxes. (Note: Property owned
by a municipal housing authority is not considered tax-exempt for homestead credit purposes if that
authority makes payments in place of property taxes to the city or town in which it is located. If you live
in public housing, you should check with your rental manager.)
• You did not, at the time of filing a claim, live in a nursing home and receive Title XIX medical assistance.
• You are not filing a claim on behalf of a person after his or her death.
• You have not received Wisconsin Works (W2) payments of any amount or county relief payments of $400
or more for all 12 months of 2018.
Note: If you received any amount of a Wisconsin Works (W2) payment in 2018 or county relief payments
of $400 or more for any month in 2018, your property taxes and rent have to be reduced by one-twelfth
for each month you received any of these benefits.

Service Categories


Geographic Areas Served

  • States WI
  • Counties Dane

Hours of Operation

  • Monday: 7:45 AM-4:30 PM
  • Tuesday: 7:45 AM-4:30 PM
  • Wednesday: 7:45 AM-4:30 PM
  • Thursday: 7:45 AM-4:30 PM
  • Friday: 7:45 AM-4:30 PM

Languages Spoken

  • English
  • Spanish


This organization has no sites

Organization Products and Services
This organzation has not listed any products or services.

Last Update Date: 11/06/2019

Request to Update Provider Information
Confirm Provider Information