Milwaukee - Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit organization that works in partnership with families and individuals to build simple, decent and affordable housing.
• Income must be stable and meet program income limits
• Have decent credit ($500 or less in collections) and minimum credit score of 620
• No open judgments and/or liens
• No bankruptcy filed in the past two years
Need for Housing:
• Be a first-time homebuyer and have a need for housing
Examples of a need for housing include but are not limited to: living in a place that is too crowded or presents health concerns, renting an apartment where housing costs are unaffordable and/or residing in subsidized or transitional housing.
Willingness to Partner:
• Individuals must be willing to partner with Habitat and work 200 to 300 hours of sweat equity/service hours.
• No member of the household may appear on the sexual offender database at any time throughout the program.
For more information and/or an application, please contact 414-562-6100 or visit our website at milwaukeehabitat.org/housing/become-a-habitat-homeowner/.