- Provide education, guidance, services and support to individuals with ALS, their families and their caregivers.
- Provide resources and information to other healthcare providers around the State of Wisconsin.
- Promote public awareness.
- Raise funds for ALS research.
- Support the ALS Association Certified Treatment Center of Excellence at Froedtert Hospital/Medical College of Wisconsin and encourage the development of additional ALS specialty clinics throughout the State of Wisconsin to provide the highest level of care to individuals with ALS and their families.
- Seeks out those with ALS and other neurological diseases throughout Northwest Wisconsin, to furnish them with support and assist them with problems. Supplies information about where to get help and holds monthly support group meetings. Also keeps in touch via personal letters and phone calls, and lends support in any way possible. Outreach nurse makes home visits for support and recommendations.
Hours: Meets the 2nd Thursday of every month, 1-3 p.m. weather permitting (except holiday weekends) at Chippewa Valley Bible Church, 531 E. South Ave., Chippewa Falls.
Eligibilities: All ALS patients, their family and friends, or those with a similar motor neuron disease.