The Katie Beckett Program is a special eligibility Medicaid Program for children with long-term disabilities be it developmental, emotional, physical or health related. Children must be living at home and meet the criteria listed below.
A child is eligible for the program if he or she:
1. is under 19 years of age
2. is disabled by standards in the Social Security Act
3. is a U. S. citizen
4. is a Wisconsin resident
5. lives at home with their family
6. requires a level of care typically provided in a hospital or nursing home setting
7. is provided safe and appropriate care in the home
8. does not have income in his/her name alone which exceeds government limitations (Parents' income is not considered)
9. does not incur a cost of care at home to the Wisconsin Medicaid Program that exceeds the cost Medicaid would pay if the child was in an institution.