The estate gift of Ellie Otteson afforded First Lutheran Foundation the extraordinary opportunity to develop a continuum of care campus at 4880 Otteson Lane on Eau Claire’s south side. The Meadows at Otter Creek, a 36-unit independent living apartment complex for adults 55 years of age or older, opened in 1998 and continues to serve as the centerpiece of the campus.
The Meadows at Otter Creek offers 36 one and two-bedroom units. The complex is two stories with a lower level and has an elevator which provides tenants and their guests access to all three levels. The sizes and rental costs for each apartment vary according to square feet of living space.
The monthly rental cost includes:
- Heat (gas, hot water)
- Self-cleaning stove, No-frost refrigerator
- Dishwasher, Garbage disposal
- Wall air-conditioning unit
- Optional bath bench
- Grab bars for the bathtub wall
- Water, sewer, garbage, and recycling services
- Lawn care and snow removal
- Outdoor parking
- Storage cubicle on lower level
- Two Cab passes (within the city limits of Eau Claire)
Tenants provide their own window treatments and pay for electricity, cable television, telephone services, and newspaper delivery. Tenants may rent an indoor heated garage stall for an additional $35 per month (2019), depending upon availability.