The 2017-2018 Energy Assistance application period runs October 1st, 2017 - May 15, 2018.
There is one Milwaukee County phone number, 414-270-4653 (414-270 4-MKE) for information or to schedule an appointment. You can also go on-line to see available appointment times at all sites and schedule the appointment yourself or on behalf of someone else. Click here to schedule
INCOME GUIDELINES FOR THE 2017-2018 HOME ENERGY PLUS PROGRAM YEAR
60 PERCENT OF STATE MEDIAN HOUSEHOLD INCOME GUIDELINES
SIZE ONE ANNUAL
SIZE MONTH INCOME
1 $2,217 $26,601
2 $2,899 $34,785
3 $3,581 $42,970
4 $4,263 $51,155
5 $4,945 $59,340
6 $5,627 $67,525
7 $5,755 $69,059
8 $5,883 $70,594
Applicants must bring:
* Photo ID for the person who is completing the application(mandatory for 1st time applicants).
* Proof of all income sources of every household members gross income (before taxes or deductions) for the 3 months prior to the month of application(child support, wages, pension, unemployment, etc.). Seasonal employees and self-employed persons will require the prior years entire tax package. Rental income must be verified by taxes and schedule E.
* Social Security cards and dates of birth for each household occupant.
* Current energy bill (gas/electric/oil)
* If your heat is included with your rent you must provide a lease or statement from your landlord confirming your heat is included with rent.
Apply in person at any of our 6 locations, all currently under extended hours:
* NORTH - 6918 W Brown Deer Road(NEW)
* NORTHWEST - 4906 W Fond du Lac Avenue
* DOWNTOWN - 728 N James Lovell Street
* SOUTH - 5663 S 27th Street(NEW)
* SOUTHEAST - 2701 S Chase Avenue
* WEST ALLIS - 6761 W Greenfield Avenue
Regular hours will be Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM
Qualifying for Energy Assistance gives you access to other benefits too, including:
*Furnace/heating system repair or replacement