Revitalize Milwaukee provides FREE home repairs and comprehensive services for low-income homeowners who are senior citizens (60+), veterans and/or persons with disabilities
Our programs are as follows:
Emergency Repairs - Repairs to address urgent threats to life, health, safety, and housing.
Accessibility Modifications - Changes to increase the accessibility and ease of use of a home for a person with limited mobility. Essential Repairs - Less urgent than emergency repairs, but still important to enable homeowners to remain in their homes.
Guidelines for free, year-round repair program:
1) Homeowner must be 60 years of age or older and low-income OR a person living with a disability and low-income OR a veteran who is low-income.
2) Homeowner of a single family home or duplex home in Milwaukee or Waukesha County (No apartments, condos or mobile homes)
3) Homeowner must have resided in and owned home for at least 5 years.
4) Homeowner must be current on property taxes or property tax installment payment plan.
5) Homeowner’s property must not be held in trust or a life estate property.
6) Homeowner must not own any other property.
7) Home must not be in foreclosure.
To request an application, please call 414-312-7531 or visit www.freehomerepairs.org.