FREE VITA tax preparation service is available between February 6th - April 17th 2018 at MATC Downtown Campus, if you earned less than $54,000 annually.
This VITA site provides free tax information and help with preparing income tax returns, Homestead Tax Credit, Earned Income Tax Credit and other credits and the preparation of prior-year's Tax Returns for elderly, low-income and handicapped individuals. Free E-filing. Offers the opportunity to receive your refund in as few as 7-10 days with direct deposit.
APPOINTMENTS PREFERRED!! Schedule online at www.sdc.cascheduler.com or by calling 414-414.206.2262. Please note: All sites can prepare a limited number of tax returns each day and reserves the right to end registration when they reach their capacity.
Tues: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
WHAT TO BRING:
• Social Security cards (or ITIN cards) for you, your spouse (if joint return is filed) and all dependents.
• Valid picture identification.
• Taxpayers filing a joint return must both be present when the tax returns are prepared. Both spouses must sign a joint tax return.
• All informational statements, including but not limited to:
° Wages statements - (Form(s) W-2 and 1099).
° Interest and Dividend statements - (Form(s)1099-INT and 1099-DIV).
° Mortgage interest statements - (Form(s) 1098).
° Pension and Social Security statements - (Form(s) 1099-R and SSA-1099).
° Tuition payments statements - (Form(s) 1098-T).
° Property tax receipts for any property taxes paid last year.
• Information about any other sources of income, both taxable and nontaxable, and deductions and expenses you may have such as charitable contributions and child
care expenses. If you have childcare expenses please have your childcare providers’ taxpayer id number.
• A completed signed rent certificate or copy of your last years property tax bill if you are claiming the Wisconsin Homestead credit. You will also need a printout of any Wisconsin Works (W-2) payments, child support, kinship payments, Federal Social Security and/or Federal and State SSI income you have received.
• A voided check for a checking account direct deposit or a deposit slip for a savings account direct deposit of your refund. Direct deposit is the fastest way to get your refund!
• A complete copy of your last years federal and state income tax returns is helpful but not required.
If eligible, this site also offers the opportunity to open a low balance checking or savings account, access to Health Insurance Enrollment, FoodShare pre-screening, Financial Wellness workshops and information on Energy Assistance.
Call 963-2694 or 2-1-1 for more information or go to www.cr-sdc.org